George Hall Elementary School
a family of lifelong learners
george hall: school, family, community
Our Values and
At George Hall, students, staff, parents/guardians will:
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful of people, property, and the learning environment
- Be Responsible for learning and behavior
- Be Collaborative
Katharina and Kassandra Gaston did a great job with the flag salute at the PTA board meeting.
TK/Kindergarten Information Meetings (formerly known as the Kindergarten Tour)
If you are interested in touring our school, please call the school office at 650-312-7533 to sign up. The Tour/Information Meetings are:
- Tuesday, November 27th at 9:00am
- Thursday, December 6th at 9:00am.
These are the only tours that will be offered.
Snapcodes will become available for all New TK and kindergarten students beginning Monday, November 5th. Snapcodes will become available for all new students 1st-5th grades beginning Wednesday, November 14th. Priority registration ends on Thursday, December 20th. You can obtain a snapcode from George Hall School Office Monday-Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm.
Go to the SMFCSD website for information on registration for next school year
Spreading Kindness at George Hall
A big thank you to:
- Franklin Templeton volunteers who came to read to TK, kindergarten and 1st grade classes to celebrate “Read for the Record” and the power of reading! They read the book Maybe Something Beautiful, by F. Isabel Campoy and Theresa Howell, and illustrated by Rafael López. After reading the book, the book Franklin Templeton volunteers gave each child a copy of the book to take home.
- The San Mateo AARP Association who donated a large amount of school supplies to us. Folders, markers, paper, colored pencils, post-it’s, glue sticks, etc.! These supplies are much appreciated and will help replenish classroom supplies.
Thank you to Franklin Templeton and San Mateo AARP for spreading kindness at George Hall!
STUDENT COUNCIL IS COMING TO GEORGE HALL!
All 4th and 5th graders are able to apply to join the George Hall Student Hall Student Council to make a difference in their school community.
Student Council is an organization in which students work together towards improving students’ experiences, their school and community.
The Student Council will meet once a month, during lunch time, to plan and coordinate school and community projects.
2018-2019 Important Dates
- August 14 - First Day of School
- August 31-September 3 - Labor Day Holiday
- October 5-19 - Fall Break
- November 12 - Veteran's Day Holiday
- November 21-23 - Thanksgiving Break
- December 21 - January 7 - Winter Break
- January 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday
- February 18 - President's Day Holiday
- March 11 - Teacher PD Day - No School
- April 1-12 - Spring Break
- May 27 - Memorial Day Holiday
- June 20 - Last Day of School